Wednesday, July 20, 2016

L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paint Review

l.a. gir glazed lip paints review in hot mess

Hey all! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

I picked up one of the L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paint in Hot Mess a little while ago. I know I'm very late to the game, as it was very popular right after their launch, but I saw these at Ricky's in NYC and had to pick it up.

I got the colour in Hot Mess, which is a straight up orange colour. I love orange lip colours, so I had to get it!


The claims are:

"Making their much anticipated debut, Glazed Lip Paintsgive the intensely pigmented appearance of a lipstick, with the ease and glossy finish of a lipgloss.Glazed Collection includes 18 of the most sought-after, trendsetting colors this season while providing long lastinghyper glossy, ultra rich color to lips.


This proven iconic product offers shades that range from nudes to brights to deep berries. Cool and nourish your lips with the added benefits of vitamin E andpeppermint oil. The Glazed Lip Collection is an instant must-have that accurately portrays the color trends expected to be seen on the runway. A precision tip applicator is provided to facilitate application.


-Provides the shine of a lip gloss.-Gives the intensely pigmented appearance of a liquid lipstick-Delivers rich color with staying power."
~L.A. Girl Website



As for the "intensely pigmented", "long lasting", "hyper glossy", and "rich color," I can say that it is definitely true. The colour is super intense, and always goes on full colour with a lot of high shine, and because of the amount of pigment, the colour lasts a long time as well.



However, some cons about this product is that it is extremely difficult to apply. the applicator can be messy from this squeezy tube (as seen in the picture above). If you're not careful you can accidentally squeeze out more product as you're trying to smooth out the colour. Also, a really big problem that I've found with applying with the tube itself, is that it can get really patchy, which i never a good look. 

Don't worry though! Applying with a lip brush solves all of those woes, and always delivers beautiful, glossy, pay off.

As the description says, this does contain peppermint oil, so it does give the lips a tingling, cooling feeling, which some likes, like myself, and some don't, but just personal preference. 

Conclusion:
Overall, I do enjoy this product. Not my everyday product, since it's a bit of a hassle to apply, but overall I do enjoy it once in a while.

Let me know your thoughts on this product below in the comment section.

Good luck and have fun!
May xx

No comments:

Post a Comment